Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beef and Noodles in the Crockpot

This is one of my most favorite meals to make as it one of the ultimate comfort foods in my opinion and truthfully this recipe couldn't be much easier.  I found this recipe over a year ago when I picked up a package of Coe's Noodles.  I can't always find Coe's Noodles, but I often use their recipe.

Beef and Noodles
Ingredients
2 -3 pound beef roast ( I usually buy whatever is on sale.)
1 package Dry Onion Soup Mix
1 can Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup
1 Tablespoon salt ( I often omit the salt and I don't think you can tell at all. )
7-10 cups of water (depends on how much your crock pot can handle)
1 package of Amish style noodles

Put everything in the crock pot except the noodles the night before you plan to serve the beef and noodles and cook all night on low.



Continue on low the next day until about an hour before you are ready to serve the beef and noodles.


Take the beef out of the crock pot and pull it apart into pieces.  (I usually use two forks to do this and can often do it in the crock pot as the meat is tender after cooking overnight and during the day.)

Add the noodles giving them a quick stir when you add them to the crock pot. Do not stir the noodles again until you are ready to serve.  ( I can't exactly tell you why, but it does something to the noodles per The Farmer.)


After about an hour, you are ready to eat some delicious beef and noodles and it doesn't get much easier than that.


Enjoy!



 



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get the Amish Noodles? I have never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is right up my alley! My crockpot is in overdrive this time of year and we always have beef in the freezer. This is definitely going in my arsenal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically, Amish noodles are just your standard egg noodle. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Web Analytics