Monday, October 24, 2011

My Food Day with a Hunk of Meat Monday recipe

The Farmer's family and mine have been involved in agriculture and essentially food production for generations.


We hope it is something that will be carried on in our family for generations to come so essentially every day is food day on our family farm.


For generations, we have worked hard each and every day to provide the best care possible for our crops and pigs so that we can provide healthy and nutritious food for your family and ours.  That is what it is all about.


As farmers, we not only take great pride in producing food for our family and yours, but we also feel it is our social responsibility to help feed the world.  On our family farm, we take this literally a little closer to home as we donate pork to our local food bank throughout the year.


So how did my family celebrate Food Day today, we celebrated like we do every day by taking the best possible care of our pigs and harvesting corn as we are in full-blown harvest mode at our family farm.


I didn't have time to whip something up in my kitchen so tonight was a real treat as we had pizza in the fields.  My kids love doing this during planting and harvest season each year. I may not have made the pizza myself, but I have confidence that the ingredients came from family farms just like mine across this great nation.

If I would have had the time to cook tonight, it probably would have been a pork recipe so I thought I'd share one with you in honor of Food Day and National Pork Month.

Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops
Ingredients
Cream of Mushroom Soup (I use 2 cans for 8 chops)
Milk
Pork Chops

I love this recipe because you can start with frozen or thawed pork chops and as much as I usually follow recipes, this is kind of an eyeball it/throw it together recipe that I hope you will like as much as this pigpen does.

Place the pork chops in a 9x13 pan.  (I usually use Pyrex for this recipe, but I'm sure any 9x13 pan would work.)


In a separate bowl, dilute the cream of mushroom soup with milk to thin out the soup.  (You can leave this as thick as you want or make as thin as you want.)

Pour the diluted cream of mushroom soup over the pork chops trying to cover all of the pork chops.


Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for a 2 - 2 1/2 hours or when a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.


Enjoy this recipe and please let me know what questions you have about the food America's farmers work hard to produce each and every day for your family and mine.

Hunk of Meat Mondays


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for not putting a single measurement besides the 2 cans with 8 chops. BTW, these chops were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are baking right now! Thanks for the inspiration. Be sure to checkout your chops in the 25 quick meal ideas post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Web Analytics