Monday, June 6, 2011

Pork Chop Delight: Recipe #9 Sunday Dinner at Grandma's



This recipe intrigued me from the minute I received my free copy of Sunday Dinner at Grandma's thanks to Gooseberry Patch and their "In the Kitchen" series with The Real Farmwives of America and Friends.  It sounded super easy and used the same ingredients I use to make my sloppy joes:  chili sauce and brown sugar.

So after I found a package of pork chops, possibly from our pigs, on sale at the grocery, I thought it was a sign that we should try these chops and I'm sure glad we did as we'll be making them again at this pigpen.



Pork Chop Delight
Ingredients
8 boneless thin-sliced pork chops
1/3c. water
1/2c. chili sauce, divided
1 1/2c. brown sugar, packed

Place pork chops in an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.  Add water to bottom of pan to prevent sticking.  (I added the water before I put the pork chops in my baking pan.)


Top each pork chop with a tablespoon of chili sauce.


Sprinkle brown sugar over all.


Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for one hour; do not turn pork chops over.


Enjoy!!

Special thanks to Gooseberry Patch for providing me with this great cookbook to try and share with you. If you would like to purchase this or other cookbooks, please visit their store. If you would like to see other great recipes, check out www.realfarmwivesofamerica.com .


Hunk of Meat Mondays

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. That was super easy, and if it tastes great, it's definitely a keeper! GREAT FIND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I wonder how I should adjust for bone in chops, probably brown first then bake at a slightly temp... Since we raise our own pigs, I haven't had a boneless chop in over 10 years!!

    I need to get that cookbook. I love the Gooseberry Patch books, but I don't have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to add this one to the wheat harvest meal line-up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were so good friend! Thanks again for sharing all these meals with your sister wives;) Thanks for linking to Hunk of Meat Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so easy. I can't wait to try it.

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great recipe will have to try for sure come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi from your newest follower :0) LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Web Analytics