Monday, February 7, 2011

Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Casserole

When The Farmer and I got married over 10 years ago, my co-workers at the time gave us a recipe box full of recipes from each of their families.  It was a great gift and the recipes are even better.

One of The Farmer's favorites has always been sausage and pepperoni pizza casserole.  It is pretty easy to make, but I will admit, I haven't made it in a long time.  So it was a blessing in disguise that I had been planning to make it prior to the Ice Storm of 2011 and had all of the ingredients on hand when we were iced in at home.  I thought it would be the perfect meal to reward him for working so hard to prepare our family farm for the predicted weather. 

Unfortunately the thought of taking pictures while I was making this didn't really enter my mind until we had already started eating so you will just have to use your imagination.

Ingredients
1 pound ground Italian sausage
12 oz. lasagna noodles (cook according to package directions or use the ready-to-bake noodles)
2 (14oz.) jars of pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella or cheddar cheese
6 oz. sliced pepperoni

Directions
Brown and drain sausage.  In large lightly greased casserole dish, layer half of the noodles, sausage, pepperoni, sauce, and cheese.  Repeat with second layer of noodles, sausage, pepperoni, sauce, and cheese, reserving several pepperoni slices to garnish the top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Enjoy!




Hunk of Meat Mondays

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Your Pizza Casserole looks awesome. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Web Analytics